Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Three biggies in a row for Vikram

Kanthaswamy is very much in the news how spectacular it looks and how well Vikram has performed. Vikram's next release is Raavan, directed by Mani Ratnam, and after that is a movie with Selvaraghavan. Vikram is in perpetual good spirits now because these big banners and great films are really challenging and should improve his popularity! 'If my performance is appreciated in Kanthaswamy as my best yet, it's thanks to the entire team.

Their dedication spurred me on, encouraging me to do more', he says. Likewise, working with Mani Ratnam must also be quite exhausting. 'Definitely, but it's a pleasure to work with the likes of Mani Ratnam. He is like a warrior on the battleground while shooting is on. He has his mission to complete it clearly charted out. This perfectionist will not settle for anything less',he exclaims. Adding, 'Ravanan has taught me alot and earned me new friends as well. Working with Abishek and Aishwarya has been a great experience.

On the sets, they contrast each other. He is quite jovial, while Aishwarya keeps it professional. But they are both very encouraging'. Coming to his flick with Selvaraghavan, once again he is very excited about getting that role! 'Without saying more, all I can say is that the story is very unique and my role even more so. I can't wait to get started on it! I have watched all his films, and admire his style of movie-making.

This is sure to be a good experience', he says. Then he hints that having worked with so many big names in the industry, he has learnt quite a bit, which he might put into use when he directs his own movie! And when will that be? Within the next five years!

No comments: