Monday, September 7, 2009

I was a little immature: Chitrangada Singh

She'd surprised everyone by suddenly disappearing to Delhi after a critically acclaimed debut in Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi amidst reports that her hubby, golfer Jyoti Randhawa, didn't quite like the intrusive trappings of Bollywood. And now, just as suddenly, she's back, looking for a house with the intention of settling in Mumbai.

"Since I will be working here, it's logical to buy a place here," Chitrangada told . She's been shuttling between Delhi and Mumbai for some time now to balance her work and family life. "I have two sisters here, one lives in Yari Road and the other at Powai. Whenever I am in Mumbai, I stay with them. But this time I am quite serious about buying a place here, so I am checking out flats one after another." Her preferences are clear too. "I'd prefer a house either in Versova or Juhu."

She's gung-ho about her projects, which include the sequel to Is Raat Ki Subah Nahi opposite Irrfan Khan and Dhruv opposite Farhan Akhtar.

"Dhruv is an interesting film as I am playing a seductress in the movie. The character is quite sensuous and has a unique charm." But since the film also stars Kareena Kapoor, does it mean she's playing second fiddle? "I don't think it's a supporting role, I'd say it's a parallel character," she counters.

Her sudden exit was assumed to be because of her husband, but Chitrangada says she herself made the move -- which she regrets now. "I think I was a little immature to take that sudden decision. I guess a lot of things were circulated in the industry and I didn't know how to deal with them. Moreover, my family is not a part of this industry and they don't know how the industry functions. But I guess things are better now."

Is she ready for link-ups and assorted gossip? "I guess Jyoti and I are rock solid now. I am here to work and I want to concentrate on that. But in the end, I don't want to blame the media because in the stories, there is some truth most of the time, except a few occasions when completely bizarre things are written," she ends.

No comments: