Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is It features stand-ins, not MJ, claims family

Michael Jackson's family claims that the late singer's film This is It features stand-ins, not the real star.

The documentary's promo posters boast MJ "like you've never seen him before".

However, the late King of Pop's father Joe and sister La Toya accuse Sony Pictures of "fooling" fans by using his impersonators.

Joe, who has seen 12 minutes of This is It, said, "This movie features body doubles, no doubt about it. I think people will tear this movie apart."

And La Toya's business partner Jeffre Phillips told News of The World, "I see all these great movements in the trailers but I don't believe most of those shots were Michael. He wasn't well enough. I've seen clips where I even thought, 'That's not Michael's voice.'" It's very upsetting for La Toya."

US concert promoter Terry Harvey said, "From what I can see, Michael wasn't even singing live in a full segment. He was struggling. I was told he had his vocals sequenced on stage so if he didn't want to sing live, they just switched on the tape."

Essex Jacko impersonator Navi Parasram, 36, turned down an invite to appear in the film.

He said: "They asked me to do long shots, visuals, placements."

No comments: