Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Aamir Khan's found a new match

Aamir Khan says it was his mental match with director AR Murugadoss that has created the magic in Ghajini which has translated into a roaring box office success.

“Before I said a yes to the film, I was given a CD of the Tamil version. I found the film to be very interesting and gripping. But I thought the ending of the film, that is the last 30 minutes, could be different and improved upon and so when I met Murugadoss, before I expressed my opinion, he told me that he wanted to change the ending. I was very happy as I could see that we connect really well and that there is a mental match in how we approach cinema,” Aamir said.

He adds: “Then throughout the movie-making process, I could sense that our wavelengths are matching. Generally successful directors have a little air but here I met a man whose child-like excitement bowled me over. I have never seen so much energy and enthusiasm in any director.”

Aamir credits the content of the movie and clever screenplay to Murugadoss.

“The film has done well because it has got great content. You will remain glued to your seat as the thrill in the film is just too much. Murugadoss has got a clever screenplay in place too. The constant oscillation from present to the past has been handled really well. One time you see this beast and then you learn about his softer side and then again right when you were about to know how he got transformed into a killing machine, you are pulled into the present where this brutal force kills the policeman,” he says.

Aamir ends saying: “Then the 15 minute forgetfulness is also a twist. After every 15 minutes, there’s a new start like in the climax, he forgets the person who has killed his beloved and that he was chasing him thereby adding another twist to the plot. This has really worked as people have loved these elements.”

No comments: