Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Winslet hated kissing co-star Leonardo Di Caprio

Actress Kate Winslet has revealed that she hated kissing co-star Leonardo Di Caprio in their latest movie Revolutionary Road.

Winslet's husband, director Sam Mendes, brought her and Di Caprio back together on the big screen in Revolutionary Road after they were last paired in the blockbuster romantic film Titanic, the Daily Mail reported.

Winslet had to get intimate with Di Caprio as they play a married couple in the film. But the actress was most uncomfortable because the intimate scenes were being coordinated by her husband, who did not seem to be affected at all.

"It was more that neither Sam nor Leo seemed the slightest bit bothered," she said. "I was like, 'Is it just me who feels a bit weird about this? You know. My friend. My husband'.

"But it was just me. There is this amazing still that was taken on set of Leo and me kissing, and Sam is in the background...You can see this look of absolute intensity on his face and I knew that all he was thinking about at that moment was the frame of the shot," Winslet told Elle magazine.

Winslet said she and Leo have a special chemistry onscreen because they have stayed close since the 1997 blockbuster Titanic. "Leo's friendship is a major thing in my life. It's a big relationship. We met when we were very young and did this incredible film (Titanic) which changed both our lives, but the best thing to come out of it was this friendship."

No comments: