Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Toyota Camry, a ring of body-guards, Asin is quite a force

South Indian actress Asin Thottumkal is doing something which no other Bollywood actress has done before! This svelte beauty travels with a convoy of no less than four cars whenever she’s out doing promotional campaigns or public appearances.

Asin’s convoy includes two cars which have Kerala number plates, including her personal vehicle — a Toyota Camry. There are two other Mumbai cars which insiders say carry bodyguards.

Asin confirms the news saying, “Calling it a convoy would be an overstatement. But yes, I have a car in which I travel with my dad who also manages me. In another car I have my hair dresser, make-up man and other assistants. They go with me wherever I go.
I’m a little bit of a perfectionist, so I like them being around and overseeing things for me.” As for the other two cars spotted? “I think you saw some other cars when I was travelling for Ghajini’s promotions…I didn’t get them,” says Asin.

When we probed for more information, a source told us, “This (convoy) has been with her since she was in Mumbai. She is a big star down South and she always has her personal assistants with her. But the hiring of bodyguards is most probably from the production front. She doesn’t know the city too well. Ghajini has brought her into the spotlight and she’s become quite a buzzword here. Maybe the film-makers are worried about her security.”

No comments: