Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bollywood reactions on Mumbai terror attack

The Mumbai terror attacks has left Bollywood angry, shocked and in despair. There few industry men who were busy attending the IFFI (International Film Festival) in Goa there were others who are saddened by the sudden attacks. Here are a few reactions to the nightmare Mumbai experienced two nights in a row.
Dibakar Bannerjee whose Oye Lucky Lucky Oye released this Friday was in Goa when it all happened. He said, "It is so depressing and ghastly. My heartfelt condolences will not reach them but I am going to pray for all of them. We just hope the hostages are release. It is more serious than it looks so. We should as people of Mumbai stand up and fight for our freedom now. I think the politicians should attend to such matter rather than think of elections. I salute the police officers who lost their lives fighting for us at the same time I sympathise with their families. I am sure they must have hidden those bombs earlier inside. They also had such sophisticated guns and yet our officers were fighting them. One of my friend from Jaipur who works for Taj escaped but his wife and daughter were inside. I have not yet heard from them."
Anees Bazmee (No Entry, Welcome) - It’s shocking! It’s really terrible that innocent people have been killed. I was in the process of writing, but since last night I have not been in writing mood. I have been glued to my television. It’s really shocking to know that the perpetrators have been planning this for the past two months and even intelligence did not know who is behind this. Bollywood has always gone out of its way to help and everyone will definitely help. It’s so strange because I went to the Oberoi Hotel for coffee just two days ago.
Filmmaker, Anil sharma - I have not yet started shooting for my film. But it is a very shocking incident. Wish people could think more rationally than taking up arms and fighting like this. They are not going to achieve anything out of this. Why kill innocent people to achieve your means. It is unfortunate that so many able officers have also been killed in the attack. We all stand up to condemn this attack.
Actor Sonu Sood - It’s horrible. I could not get a wink of sleep last nite. What is the world coming to? What a cowardly act it is. Killing the innocent will get them nowhere. It has been shocking. Last nite I was attending an event at the Marriot when I heard the news. We left early. It’s a shame that a few of them are killing people randomly for their own needs. What will they achieve by doing all this? I pray for all the people who have been held hostages. I hope they will be out soon.
Farhan Akhtar sounded very disturbed and condemning the attacks stated - I am in total disbelief and shock! It is high time the govt stops appealling to us to remain calm after such things happen. It is no point remaining calm. It is now time to react! I have been glued my television set all night watching it all unfold. I think it is a failure of our Intelligence department."
Prachi Desai - It’s been a terrible night. I have not slept the whole night. One of my good friends was stuck in Oberoi when it all began. She gave me a call at 2 am and sounded very scared. But luckily she managed to escape out after that. With all this things happening around at regular intervals, the world no longer seems a safe place. This disaster has literally brought our Mumbai to a grinding halt"
Director Apoorva Lakhia of Shootout at Lokhandwala: Film shoots have been cancelled today and that is all I know. It’s too early to say anything about the firing and hostage situation because it’s still going on. I am at home watching television. It’s too early to come to a conclusion.

No comments: