Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'll continue making films I believe in: Apoorva Lakhia

Denying rumours that Balaji Telefilms dumped him after the box office debacle of his thriller on terrorism "Mission Istaanbul", director Apoorva Lakhia says he has been given a fat signing amount by the production house.
"I heard that the film industry was in a total mess and not much happening. So I was chilling in the US. Now I'm back in Mumbai. As for my friends dumping me, Balaji Telefilms has given me a nice fat signing amount. But if they don't want to work with me, then no problem," Lakhia said.
In fact, Lakhia is also to start a film to be co-produced by HMV-Sa Re Ga Ma and Sohail Makhlai.
"It's a suspense thriller that I start in March 2009. I'm working on the script right now. People may love me or hate me, I'll continue to make the films I believe in, no matter what. And for those who are wishing me to go away, let me inform them I'm not going anywhere in a hurry. I've to go home every year since New York is where I live."
Lakhia, who is back in India after his brother's wedding in the US, needs to spend a part of each year in New York for visa purposes.
"But I'm back," he said.

No comments: