Sunday, December 7, 2008

Adele 'not ready' to win Grammy

Grammy-nominated singer Adele has said she would rather win the US award for her fourth album rather than her debut.

"I imagine it's like winning an Oscar and I don't think on this record I should get one," the performer told BBC 6 Music.

"I think it should be with my second or third record that I should get the Oscar, like from your third or fourth film when you're amazing," she added.

Adele is up for four Grammys, including record of the year.

Speaking before performing a special session with Paul Weller at the Maida Vale studios, the Londoner admitted she feels it is too soon to be awarded a prestigious Grammy.

"If I won one, it would be really important to me but I can't even think about that. Sorry, it's making my heart race really fast."

"It would be lovely to get one but I don't feel like I need awards and stuff to feel good about my music," adding that she would not be disheartened if she did not win any gongs.

"I can't see how this album life span could get any better and I don't feel like it needs to be. I'm already over the moon and blown away with people's response to it."

No comments: