Sunday, December 7, 2008

Singer Webbe leaves jungle show

Singer Simon Webbe has become the eighth person to be voted off I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!

The former member of boyband Blue said he felt "relief" at leaving and did not think he'd last as long in the jungle.

Despite going on the show to face his fears, he confessed he was still "terrified of spiders" and had not conquered his fear of water.

He backed Wimbledon ace Martina Navratilova or former EastEnders actor Joe Swash to win the reality show.

Speaking to hosts Ant and Dec after his eviction, he said: "Ever since I was in there I didn't think I'd last this long.

'Pressure cooker'

"I really enjoyed it, but it wasn't what I expected - I didn't think I'd snap as much as I did. I'm normally a cool character, I know how to keep my temper in check, but I felt my buttons were being pushed," he said.

The singer said the bush tucker trials were harder than he thought they would be.

Despite his fear of water, Webbe won six out of seven stars for the camp on the underwater Last Gasp trial, but had to receive oxygen from medics on site afterwards.

The star added the camp was a lot smaller than it looked on TV: "You're living on top of each other and that's a pressure cooker in itself."

But he also described ex-Dollar singer David Van Day as "a nice guy underneath it all", although he was "here to play the game".

Navratilova, Swash, Van Day and Star Trek actor George Takei remain in the show.

The winner, voted for by the public, will be revealed during a live show on Friday night.

No comments: