Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jiah Khan talks about Ghajini


Bollywood hottie Jiah Khan says though her character Chitra in Ghajini is very close to her personality in reality, she admits that playing that role of Jia in Nishabd was more fun and challenging.

“I play a medical student in Mumbai in Ghajini who has an adventure streak in her. She is kinda geeky but she loves thrills in life. I’m quite close to her in real life. Though I’m not a very thrill-loving person but the way she dresses up, the way she talks and her get-up is quite similar to mine. However, playing Jia in Nishabd was great fun. I’m nowhere close to that character in real life so it was all the more challenging to play her, a moderately sexy girl,” Jiah tells After Hrs.

And what about her character in Ghajini? How much screen space does she share with Aamir Khan?

“There are two halves in the film. One is a more personal and love and romance sphere and the other is the thriller and adventure zone. I come in during this thriller half. I’m a medical student who has to make a case study and Aamir is my patient. What I learn, how I get involved with his is my story in the film,” she adds.

Twenty-year-old Jiah’s debut Bollywood film saw her getting cast opposite Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir lapped her up for her second. Does she consider herself to be the blue-eyed girl of Bollywood?

“I have been extremely lucky to have worked with both Amitabh and Aamir. I have learnt a lot from both of them. Amitabh is more relaxed to work with as he has got lots of experience. He has done lots of great work and with Aamir since he’s such a perfectionist, you have to be on your toes as he is always trying to do something to better his performance,” she says.

With Jiah in a very candid mood to chat, we could not resist asking her about the rumours that she and Asin aren’t getting along with each other and that Jiah is also unhappy that Ghajini is promoting Asin more than her.

“I have heard these stories and I think the press and the audiences want to think that something is wrong between us. I can tell you one thing. I have done my job. Marketing is not in my hands and there are different stages of it. Asin needs to get a lot of publicity as it is her Bollywood debut while people know me a little here. Asin is very sweet and very beautiful. I have met her couple of times and I don’t have any problem with her,” she says.

Jiah, whose next two films will see her team up with Shahid Kapur and Akshay Kumar, goes on to admit that the film-makers of Ghajini have shot a promotional video just featuring her and that it will be on air.

“It is a very Jennifer Lopez kind of a video. It is a very high energy song. I’m like covered from head to toe but still the song is very pulsating and catchy,” she says.

No comments: