Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan reveals a secret


The actor chose to do The Pink Panther because she adores comedian Peter Sellers who was in four Pink Panther films.

Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan Hollywood film The Pink Panther 2 is ready for release. The actor says one of the reasons she chose to do the film was her love for British comedian Peter Sellers. The three-time Oscar-nominated artist gained widespread recognition appearing in four Pink Panther movies.

“I loved Peter Sellers as inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther series when I was a kid and watched these films. It was hilarious, a laugh riot and a thorough family entertainer. People across different age groups love The Pink Panther because the films always bring a smile to one’s face,” Ash says.

She adds: “When I was offered this film, I was really excited as for me I was doing something which I have loves seeing as a child. It was a fun film which I would enjoy working in. The film did not require me to do intense acting and I did not have to look forward to scoring points as it had an ensemble cast of terrifically talented actors. I wanted to have a good time with all of them and I said a yes to the project. I’m not expecting critical acclaim or something from this film since the film is not about me, it’s about Steve Martin and The Pink Panther.”

No comments: