Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm a feminist: Kate Winslet

Hollywood actress Kate Winslet insists that she is a 'feminist'.

The 33-year-old actress plays the role of an emotionally cramped woman in her new film Revolutionary Road, based on the 1963 feminist classic by Betty Friedan.

The book lifted the lid on a generation of educated, 1950s women, condemned to housewifery, and deeply unhappy.

When asked about if she feels that she's a feminist the actress replied, "probably I am", though not a strong one.

"I think I probably am," Guardian.co.uk quoted her as saying, to which her assistant quickly added, "In a loose, unofficial kind of way."

However, Winslet continued to ponder and say, "I think I probably am. I mean, not in a bra-burning way. But I think I am a feminist, yeah," she added.

Helmed by Winslet's husband Sam Mendes, the Revolutionary Road also reunited the Titanic star with her co-star Leonardo DiCaprio.

No comments: