Saturday, December 20, 2008

I wanted to be an airhostess: Prachi Desai


Prachi Desai always yearned to be a glamorous actress but she had a back-up plan ready just in case her celluloid dreams failed to take off.

“I was charmed by Bollywood movies since childhood and I used to gaze at the actors and silently aspire to become like them when I grew up," she said. "I always wanted to be a glamorous girl of the industry. I really thought that one day I will become an actor.

“But obviously I could not take chances with my career and so, like everyone else, I had something in mind just in case my acting dreams didn't happen in reality."

Prachi's backup plan was to become an airhostess. "I was working towards becoming an airhostess. I was also studying German because I wanted to fly international. I also wanted to become a psychologist for children. I did a course in mass comm as I always wanted to do something with media as my career. But thankfully things feel into place and I'm living my dream now.”

But has Prachi got all the rosy things she had visualised in her childhood while working in the industry or has she got a taste of some harsh realities?

“For me living a life in the world of Bollywood was like a fairy tale come true. But yes, once you are in it, you realise what it actually is. Thankfully, I have been lucky to have not faced the things you are talking about, but like everyone I too have heard stories. But that’s about it.”

No comments: