Friday, December 19, 2008

I have no need for money in my life: Emma Watson

Harry Potter star Emma Watson has revealed that she has "no need for money in her life" and financial gains would not determine her choice of films.

The 18-year-old, estimated to have a £13 million fortune, told USA Today that she has not been affected by her wealth and will continue to make choices in their own rights.

"The wealth side of it hasn't hit me yet because I have no need for money in my life," she said. "My life will not be motivated by money. I will never do a film because they are going to pay me a certain amount of money. It's liberating. It means I can hopefully make great choices."

The France-born British actress, who played the role of Hermione at the age of nine and has starred in six Harry Potter films alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, said she likes to be grounded and still prefers to use public transport.

"I have a more normal life than people expect," she said. "When I take public transport, people are like, 'That girl looks like the girl from Harry Potter, but it can't be her on the train.'

"I get stopped by people, but that's fine. I'd never want to be so famous that I couldn't live a normal life to a certain extent. I can't imagine anything lonelier, just not being able to be part of the real world and being trapped and locked in hotel rooms and cars."

No comments: